Worried about the increasing unusual spots on your skin? It’s never too late to get checked by a Skin Cancer clinic Annerley has today. It pays to know the truth.
Meanwhile, if you’re thinking twice before visiting any Skin Cancer clinic Annerley wide, know about the risks and tips against skin cancer:
What is a Skin Cancer?
When skin cells have unfixed DNA damage and cause mutations to occur, malignant tumours accumulate. That’s when a Skin Cancer develops. It’s basically the abnormal and unhinged growth of an unusual skin cell.
Most of the time, Skin Cancers originate from epidermis cells. Compared to a Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma, the majority of Skin Cancers don’t usually become fatal and spread to other body areas.
Most common types of Skin Cancer today
Basal Cell Carcinoma – The most common type of Skin Cancer. It develops from basal cells. These are found in the epidermis. BCC, if treated earlier, is more likely to give an 85 to 95 percent recurrence-free cure rate even after the first treatment stage.
Squamous Cell Carcinoma – This follows BCC as the most common Skin Cancer type. SCC develops on the skin’s outermost layer. Like BCC, if you visit a Skin Cancer clinic Annerley has now and have it diagnosed earlier, then you have better chances of recovering with no recurrences.
Melanoma – This is considered as rare but extremely dangerous than the previous types. Melanoma develops from the cells that are responsible for giving our skin its colour, which are called Melanocytes.
Rare types of Skin Cancer
Sarcomas – This is a tumour that destroys connective tissues that include muscle, fat, blood vessels, cartilage, ligaments, deep skin tissues, and tendons.
Syringoma – This is a harmless tumour that develops on the sweat glands’ cells, called Eccrine. It’s hereditary and regularly affects women.
Merkel Cell Carcinoma – a rare type of cancer that spreads quickly around the body. It often appears as a blue or red nodule on your head or neck. It’s caused by a long-term exposure to the sun.
Risks of getting a Skin Cancer
- Taking medication like Chemo or Predisone.
- Exposure to X-rays and Arsenic
- Exposure to Ultraviolet Light (UV), tanning beds, and harsh sunlight.
- Having a fair-skin, blond or red hair colour, blue or hazel eyes.
- Wart virus infections from sexual intercourse
- Living near highly-elevated areas, where exposure to harsh sunlight is more prevalent.
- Weak immune system.skin cancer clinic annerley
- History of skin cancer
- Ongoing diseases like AIDS infection.
Skin Cancer prevention tips
Besides visiting the nearest Skin Check Annerley has now, you can prevent getting a Skin Cancer by doing the following:
- Install windows and wear sunglasses that block Ultraviolet B (UVB) and Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays. UVA rays are the ones that cause Skin Cancer.
- If you live near the equator, make sure to apply sunscreen whenever you’re going out.
- Consult your doctor if you’re equipped to take a supplement like Heliocare.
- Prevent from consuming too much alcohol.
- Invest in Vitamin B3, Coffee, and foods such as Garlic and Yogurt.
- Vitamin B3, specifically “Nicotinamide”, lessens risks of gaining BCC and SCC.
- Coffee, believe it or not, has been found to help defend your body against cell division and DNA synthesis that cause skin cancer.
- Garlic and Yogurt help strengthen your immune system.
Taking care of the largest organ in your body is often taken for granted. Starting in small steps will help you avoid a huge load of skin dilemmas.
Get a Skin Treatment Annerley has nowadays.
Don’t hesitate to get checked by certified Skin Cancer experts.
If you’re looking for an Ipswich road medical centre Annerley Qld has today, the place to go is SmartClinics. Visit their website, https://www.smartclinics.com.au/location/annerley/, to book an appointment.